Request call back

Accidents in Public Places Claims

Businesses, schools, hospitals, local authorities and other organisations are required by law to ensure the health and safety of those who visit their premises. However, every day accidents happen in public places, ranging from slips and trips on pavements to serious injuries caused by negligence of public event organisers or local councils who fail to ensure the public’s health and safety.

If you have suffered an injury in a public place, from a sprained ankle to a more serious life-changing injury, we may be able to assist you in receiving the compensation you deserve.

Frequently Asked Questions about Accidents in Public Places Claims

What is a Public Place?

A public place is any building or an open space that is generally open to people. This could be a shop, a beach, a park, a bank, a street, a boat, a motor vehicle or an aircraft.

Who is Responsible for Accidents in Public Places?

It depends on who owns and controls the space. In the case of a slip or trip on a pavement, it is usually the local authority or council who is responsible. If you suffer an injury in a shop, it is usually the responsibility of the retailer. Our lawyers are highly experienced in the area of accidents in public places and will be happy to guide you through the process and identify who is responsible.

What Kind of Accidents Happen in Public Places?

A wide range of accidents can happen in public places. The most common types of accidents are trips on uneven pavement slabs and slips on wet floors. Other examples include scalds in restaurants, falls on staircases and escalators and injuries caused by broken glass- although there are many more.

How Long Do I Have to Make a Claim?

All personal injury claims have a time limit- usually three years from the date of the accident. We would always advise that you make a claim as soon as possible to ensure you have the best possible chance of receiving compensation.

Who Pays for My Compensation Claim?

All organisations and companies should have public liability insurance which is used to cover any personal injury claims. Any compensation you receive will normally be paid for by the organisation’s insurance company.

How Much Compensation Will I Receive?

The amount of compensation you could receive depends on a number of factors, including the severity of injury and its long term effects on your life. Other factors include loss of earnings and any expenses you have incurred as a result of your injury.

Our lawyers are always determined to ensure that our clients receive the maximum amount of compensation possible.

To talk to us about an accident you have experienced in public place, contact us today on 01618503005.

Press about us
Leave your contacts
We'll call you back
We will contact you within 24h of receipt of the request or even faster.
Thank you
Along with the form, we will receive the following data
We will contact you within 24h of receipt of the request or even faster.
Request submitted successfully
  • We will respond to your request within 24 hours
  • We will call you if you gave us your phone number
  • Please verify your contact information. If you made a mistake, restart the form
  • Thank you for your cooperation.